Anxiety has reached epidemic proportions in our society today. In our fast-paced, pressured, nonstop lives and culture, it can be incredibly challenging to keep up. As women, we also tend to put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to be everything to everyone, and to do it perfectly, in a cute outfit, with a smile on our face. It feels like it never ends, and we often feel like we’re failing to be all that we’re supposed to be. We’re doing backflips trying to be Superwoman, but on the inside, we can feel like we’re about to crumble.
Ugh! Anxiety is the WORST. It can look and feel like…
- Ruminating, worrisome thoughts, especially when trying to fall asleep
- Trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up in the morning
- Racing heart, tension or tightness in our bodies
- Headaches, low energy, a feeling of being “on edge”
- Panic attacks that can be scary and debilitating
- A sense of being disconnected from ourselves and the world around us
- Fear. All the time. About ALL the things.
- Loss of libido, decreased sense of beauty and self-worth
- Changes in appetite or weight loss/gain
- Avoidance of social outings or interactions with loved ones
- Strained relationships
- Difficulty concentrating
- A strong, pervasive drive to “figure out” what is “wrong” with us, resulting in overwhelm, endless Google searches, and exhaustion
- Overuse of booze, sex, shopping, food to try and feel some relief
If this sounds like you, sister, we’re here to help. You do NOT have to suffer alone with this anymore. You can learn how to cope with anxiety (and even heal from it). The fantastic news about anxiety disorders are that many are highly treatable, meaning, making even small changes in your life and thinking patterns can result in HUGE improvements and often feeling better faster than you might think! Working with a trained Denver anxiety counselor can help immensely in your journey to heal from anxiety and panic attacks.
At Root Counseling, we’re trained anxiety counselors who are passionate about serving the kick-ass women of Denver struggling with anxiety. Give us a call today at (720) 388-7822 or
We seriously can’t wait to help you feel better.
With love and light,
Jennifer Kilgo, MA, LPC
CEO of Root Counseling, Anxiety Therapist, Denver